Startup Course works at universities as the elective subject "Technological Entrepreneurship & Startups"
«Startup School» is the educational course, which allows to pass through the entire way from MCI to MVP, thus generating a constant flow of startups into Accelerator. Full framework «How to launch your own StartUp, from Idea to the Product on the Market» is offered for everyone. During the course, every co-founder participates in the creation of Startup. Students gather in groups and make projects in teams. The course is designed to help the students to develop their IT competence, Business skills and Teamwork. The training program covers the whole process of creating StartUp, starting from finding and validating the Idea to bringing the product to the market. The result of this course is the preparation of a real working MVP, its launch by students and becoming the resident of Business-Incubator, pre-accelerator, accelerator or independent existence on the Market.
How to attract co-founders with the right competencies and motivate the team in difficult moments.
Подбиваем Финансы стартапа, на что уходят деньги и какова "взлётная полоса" стартапа.
Why is the sequence of classes just like this:
"Before the equator" (first half of the course): Motivation and Inspiration. First, we motivate students for technological entrepreneurship. After they are inspired to do “their own thing”, the following question arises: “What exactly to do?”. Then we give a direction to move, what idea is the MCI and can shoot.
Team. After there is a first spark and a primary plan, we recruit a TEAM, determine who will use the product, divide the target audience (TA) into segments and create a unique value proposition (UVP) for each segment. Problem. We go with our UVP to the segments of TA and conduct Problem Interviews as part of CustDev.
Market. After the consumer confirms the problem and has a budget to solve it, we consider the market with competitors and without them. If there is a market for our product, then we build MVP according to our idea.
Equator (mid course):
Milestone control (theoretical questions) and product presentation (practice)
Traction of the past time
Roadmap of plans for the future
“After the equator” (second half of the course):
1. Business model. We structure all the information about the startup project on one sheet of the
Business Model Map (11 windows), and then run HADI cycles in each window, consider possible Startup
2. Costs and revenues. We look at 4 main startup metrics and consider unit economics: how much we spend on a client in each segment and how much we get from him.
3. Finance. We hit the startup finance, we think what the money is spent on and what the startup runway is.
4. Marketing and PR. We begin marketing activities aimed at selling the product to the consumer: we build a business funnel from a marketing funnel and a sales funnel, make the first sale and monitor the feedback of the first customers from early followers.
5. Scale. Sales in an established scalable channel are not the same as the first manual sale of face-to-face. Therefore, we identify the bottleneck of each sales channel for each customer segment and see the convergence of unit economies on a scale.
6. Investments. If the project is profitable and can give x10, then we are preparing it for investment, we understand the types of investors and determine the stages of financing.
7. Pitching. Teams already have presentations, it remains only to competently sell themselves - we understand how to “stay” in public and how to pitch in front of an audience. Sell yourself - we will sell what we offer.
After completion of the course, we pitch our ideas on the public #DEMODAY with the invitation of people from the business world and all who are interested.